Aug 21, 2008

Creamy Chicken Stir-Fry


I enjoy this stir-fry because I think it has a nice flavor. I find when I buy the packets of stir-fry mixes at the grocery store they are so-so. I must say, this is one of the only reasons I have Miracle Whip in my fridge. It is fast, simple, and healthy (for the most part). The original recipe can be found on Kraft Foods recipe web site.

2 tsp. olive oil
1 large chicken breast, cut into chunks
1/4 cup Miracle Whip Dressing
2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups hot cooked instant white rice

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly brown on both sides - don't over cook (about 2 minutes per side). Add garlic and let it cook for a minute or two. Add frozen vegetables (I personally like the California Mix). Cover and let simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. The veggies should give off enough water to steam themselves, but you might need to add a few table spoons if it looks like it might burn - just don't over do it. Mix dressing and soy sauce, add to pot and stir until well combined. You might need to let it simmer to thicken the sauce a little bit. Serve over rice.

No comments: