Jan 11, 2013

Garden Veggie Pasta Bake


Garden Veggie Pasta Bake

(makes 2  9x13)


10 cups cooked pasta (see note below)

3 jars 24oz Garden Vegetable pasta sauce (my favorite is Prego)

2 LBS cooked ground beef (could omit to make it vegetarian)

2 PKG 16oz frozen California-style veggies, thawed or added to pasta water (or Italian - the mix my local store carried had snap peas which I like fresh but not frozen so look for a veggie mix that appeals to you and your family)

8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

16 oz shredded mozzarella

Save a step - after pasta has finished cooking, toss in frozen veggies for a couple minutes into the boiling water.  Drain together.  Combine all ingredients except mozzarella in a large bowl.  Divide between 2  9x13 or 4 8x8 freezer proof baking dishes.  Top with mozzarella.  Cover with plastic wrap and foil.  Freeze.  Thaw in fridge 1 day ahead.  Bake 350 for 40 minutes UNCOVERED (remove plastic!)


The inspiration for this came from a recipe I found on-line y-e-a-r-s ago and I have lost where it came from.  I did change it a little, but the concept is still the same.  I love how the veggies are hiding in the yummy pasta!

No comments: