Jul 6, 2012

Chia-Seed Pudding

This is compliments of Food and Wine magazine.  While sitting in a waiting room I came across this recipe and was very excited about it.  It didn't let me down - the first batch I made was yummy!  WARNING - if you don't like the texture of tapioca pudding, do not make.  This is very tapioca-like.

Chia-Seed Pudding

2 1/2 cups Almond milk (if you want it thicker, reduce)
3 TBS Agave nectar
1/2 cup chia seeds (super food high in omega fatty acids but they have to be soaked before they can be used by our bodies)
1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest (I omited)
1 tsp vanilla extract (I added - optional)
about 1/4 cup chopped dates (I added- optional)

Combine milk and Agave in a medium container.  Stir to combine.  Add chia-seeds, zest (if using), extract (if using), and dried fruit (if using).  Stir.  Cover and refigerate until thick - at least 4 hours or overnight.  Stir occasionally.

***Rae Note: I heard that making it with chocolate almond milk and grated orange was very good.

No comments: