Oct 28, 2010

Greenbrier Chicken Salad

This is my FAVORITE chicken salad ever! I can't believe I finally have the recipe! The Greenbrier posted it on facebook so I would assume it is authentic.  I can't believe how simple it is. I usually put yummy things like grapes and almonds into my chicken salad but really this on some sour dough with lettuce and tomato.... I am drooling thinking about it.  **Update: when I made this it didn't hit me like when I've had it at the Greenbrier.  I don't know if that is because I wasn't sitting on a a patio overlooking the golf course with the summer breeze blowing on my face or if I didn't use enough salt...  Not sure.  Anyone have any tweaks??

Dorothy's Chicken Salad (The Greenbrier's chicken salad)

2 lbs cooked chicken (white meat)
l cup sour cream
l/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup finely diced celery
Salt & white pepper to taste
Cider vinegar (½ tsp or to taste)

Mix all ingredients together. Place in refrigerator to chill.

No comments: